we are all figments of our own imagination. that is why it is a good idea to cultivate that imagination. without imagination, we become trapped by knowledge and become intellectual casualties. imagination sparks within us adventure, courage, vision and compassion.
"i imagine, therefore i evolve!" (… or at the very least, i imagine i evolve)
some of my chronology:
- 1952/10/27 (apparently) arrives on planet earth
- upto 1968 exists as introvert in many forms (and generally continues to do so)
- 1969 encounters thomas henry huxley, mr. spock, don quixote (man of la mancha) who are to have profound influence on subsequent existence
- 1971 makes racket playing badminton and tennis
- 1972 becomes lacto-ovo vegetarian
- 1973 reads aldous huxley's island and sees possibilities not visualized before
- 1977 starts teaching career in high school which lasts for 18 years and encompasses physics, math, special education, computer science (some students still serving long detentions)
- 1982 tries to send student to serve as proxy for marriage, but is unsuccessful and is forced to go himself
- 1987 arrival of first child, pericles, who causes hectic household to settle down and think of things that really are important
- 1989/10/29 birth of son, kyron: humbly accepts standing ovation from students at school for achievement two days later
- 1990 becomes strict vegetarian after going to local earthsave presentation
- 1990/10/09 pericles flies away out the door. we search for him in vain for months. where are you my friend, or do you sit silently on my shoulder all these years?
- 1995 we all move to vancouver island in british columbia.
- 1996 towards freedom is created
- 1997 receives new teaching assignment when kyron chooses to home school till he is 20
- 1999 -? preparing to add more to this chronology
what I like to do to those who let me:
- tutor math, physics, computer science
- assist in changing diets, habits and lifestyles
- develop into existence worthwhile visions we all have