Imagine there is a bank which credits your account each morning with $86,400, carries over no balance from day to day, allows you to keep no cash balance, and every evening cancels whatever part of the amount you had failed to use during the day. What would you do?
Draw out every cent, of course!
Well, everyone has such a bank. Its name is TIME. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.It carries over no balance. It
Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the records of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours.
There is no going back. There is no drawing against the "tomorrow".
You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success!
The clock is running. Make the most of today.
To realize the value of ONE YEAR ask a student who has failed his exam.
To realize the value of ONE MONTH ask a mother who has given birth to a pre- mature baby.
To realize the value of ONE WEEK ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of ONE DAY Ask a daily wage laborer who has ten kids to feed.
To realize the value of ONE HOUR Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet or . . .
To realize the value of ONE MINUTE Ask a person who has missed the train.
To realize the value of ONE SECOND Ask a person who has survived an accident.
To realize the value of ONE MILLI-SECOND Ask the person who has won a silver medal in Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have!
And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special…special enough to have your time… and remember time waits for no one.
People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives; Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you'll win false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable; Be honest and frank anyway.
People love underdogs, but follow only top dogs; Follow some underdog anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight; Build anyway.
People really need help, but may attack you if you help them; Help people anyway.
Give the world the best that you have and you may get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.\\
Life isn't about keeping score.
It's not about how many friends you have
Or how accepted you are.
Not about if you have plans this weekend or if you're alone.
It isn't about who you're dating, who you used to date, how many people
you've dated, or if you haven't been with anyone at all.
It isn't about who you have kissed,
It's not about sex.
It isn't about who your family is or how much money they have
Or what kind of car you drive.
Or where you are sent to school.
It's not about how beautiful or ugly you are.
Or what clothes you wear, what shoes you have on, or what kind of music you
It's not about if your hair is blonde, red, black, or brown
Or if your skin is too light or too dark.
Not about what grades you get, how smart you are, how smart everybody else
thinks you are, or how smart standardized tests say you are.
It's not about what clubs you're in or how good you are at "your" sport.
It's not about representing your whole being on a piece of paper and seeing
who will "accept the written you."
LIFE JUST ISN'T
But, life is about who you love and who you hurt.
It's about who you make happy or unhappy purposefully.
It's about keeping or betraying trust.
It's about friendship, used as a sanctity or a weapon.
It's about what you say and mean, maybe hurtful, maybe heartening.
About starting rumors and contributing to petty gossip.
It's about what judgments you pass and why. And who your judgments are spread
It's about who you've ignored with full control and intention.
It's about jealousy, fear, ignorance, and revenge.
It's about carrying inner hate and love, letting it grow, and spreading it.
But most of all, it's about using your life to touch or poison other people's
hearts in such a way that could have never occurred alone.
Only you choose the way those hearts are affected, and those choices are what
life's all about.
The Rules For Being Human
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works."
- A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
- "There" is no better than "here." When your "there" has become a "here," you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again, look better than "here."
- Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need; what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- The answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
- YOU WILL FORGET ALL THIS.